Rena Systems, Inc. was incorporated in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in 1984. The company’s headquarters is located near historic Valley Forge Park, in King of Prussia, PA outside of Philadelphia.
Rena Systems was started by Bodo von der Wense. Mr. von der Wense spent over thirty years in the addressing industry. He formerly held the positions of Vice-President of Sales and Marketing as well as General Manager of Canada for Scriptomatic, Inc. Recognizing a need for efficient tabletop addressing products, he contracted with a European manufacturer to develop and produce high quality addressing systems for the North American market.
Rena Systems’ first product was an automatic, pressure-sensitive label affixer. The labeler’s unique ‘face-down’ design made it extremely reliable. This led to its great popularity in the North American marketplace. In 1985, working in cooperation with the United States Postal Service, Rena Systems pioneered a dot-matrix envelope printer capable of printing addresses with the Postnet Barcode. It read the data coming in and created the appropriate barcode for that address. This allowed Rena Systems to market the first tabletop address printer that helped mailers reduce their postage costs.
Today, as part of the Quadient family of companies, Rena Systems offers the industry’s most comprehensive family of high-tech inkjet printers and labelers, and tabbers for every size mailer. All Rena Systems products are designed, engineered & manufactured here in the USA with the primary focus still on providing the highest quality products on the market.
More than simply addressing systems, today’s products are:
- Monochrome envelope printers – printing the return address, company logos, tag lines, postal permit boxes, and the barcoded address.
- Full color printers – print the entire envelope in full color.
- Tabbers – apply tabs to folded self mailers and booklets to seal them adhere to USPS tabbing regulations.
- Stamp affixers – apply stamps instead of printing a permit box or USPS postal indicia.
- Labelers – apply labels to your print or mail piece.
- Mailing software – mail piece design, address management, postal presort, and ZIP+4 encoding software products.
Rena products are marketed through a national distribution network of nearly 200 authorized dealers. These dealers specialize in office equipment and products for the mailing industry. If you are interested in becoming a Rena dealer and would like to offer our products alongside your existing product lines, please contact us here.